These days, water heaters are considered a common commodity for Sydney homes and businesses. Since hot water plumbing involves working near scalding hot water, it requires precision and expertise. As much as it is crucial to engage a professional plumber for hot water installation on your Sydney property, hiring a certified hot water specialist for repairs and maintenance work is equally important. Any DIY attempt to install or fix a malfunctioning hot water system can result in dangerous accidents and should be avoided at all costs.
Here are some of the most common signs that indicate it’s time to call a reliable hot water service in Sydney:
- Leaking Water Heater Do you have water pooling around your heater’s base? Then you are definitely in need of hot water system repairs in your Sydney home. If your heater is leaking it’s likely because of a fault in the drain or the temperature & pressure relief valve. Cracks or corrosion in the hot water tank can also cause water heaters to start leaking.In both situations, a residential hot water plumbing company is what you need to either repair or replace the faulty unit and stop the leak.
- No Hot Water Probably the most obvious sign of a water heater problem is when you open the hot water tap and get cold water instead. Several reasons can cause this heater failure ranging from interrupted electricity or gas supply malfunctioning of heating elements and busted thermostats. Whatever the cause, an expert electric and gas hot water heater maintenance service is what will easily get your hot water supply up and running again.
- Unusual Sounds It’s common for your hot water system to produce a certain level of noise whilst in operation. However, if there is a change in the nature or intensity of those noises, it’s time to consult a hot water specialist.Odd noises from the water heater are signs of trouble, indicating issues such as excessive build up in the storage tank. If you hear banging or popping sounds from the heater, know that sediment has accumulated over the heating elements. Contact a hot water heater maintenance service to get your heater thoroughly cleaned.
- Rust Colored Hot Water If your hot water is coming out discoloured, it’s a clear sign there is a fault in your water heater. Water with a red or brown hue means something in the tank has become corroded. A professional hot water heater inspection will help determine whether it’s the sacrificial anode or the tank itself.In case the sacrificial anode is rusted, the hot water specialist will replace it for you. However, if it’s the tank which is affected, your water heater will need to be replaced instead.
- Low Water Pressure Do you get standard pressure in your cold water taps, but only a weak trickle in the hot water ones? The difference in pressure indicates there is a problem in your hot water system, the cause of which is based on your heater type.In storage water heaters, sediment build up in the unit makes the pressure drop, which is easily fixed by flushing out the tank.If you have an instantaneous flow system with a faulty thermostat reducing the pressure, then you need to get your instant hot water heater repaired to resolve the issue.
Ensure timely and safe resolution of hot water problems by consulting a qualified hot water maintenance service in Sydney.
If you want an expert consult for your electric or gas water heater, contact Ready Set Plumb.We are leading Sydney plumbing, hot water and gas contractors and have the hot water solutions you need. Call us today.